For an interested reader..
I want to use this space to share some info about the books I have had my hands on. I am not reviewing them but just giving a heads up for people who are interested. I shall update as and when I get hold of a new book..
1. Learn Portraits – Drawing & Shading, Padmanjali Publishers & Distributors PVT Ltd, India
It has got about 18 portraits. A reference portrait on the left and an outline on the right for you to practice. The range of sketches here is really good. It is more of a self learning series. It doesnt talk much about the techniques. A good book for starters like me.
2. Vikas Learn Pencil Shading Portraits – I, Navneet Publications, India
This is a series of 7 books. The structure of the book is very similar to the above mentioned book with a reference figure on the left and a practice page for you. For starters, its a good book.
3. Drawing Scenary – Landscapes and Seascapes, Jack Hamm
This book is too good. It has loads and loads of examples and information. Lot of stuff cramped into one book. Ofcourse, its jack hamm.
4. Figure drawing without a model, Ron tiner.
This has lots of illustrations about body movements, clear cut examples on perspective. Very good one, indeed
5. The Art of Drawing, William Pogany.
More emphasis on human body sketches, loads of examples on different body postures. Lots of illustrations not much explanations. A good book.
6. Drawing realistic textures in pencil, J.D. Hillberry
This is a professional level book. Definitely not for starters who want to see , draw and practice pictures from a book.